Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Marketing ones' self - the dreaded Newsletter - or at least my attempt at one such.

I've been staring at this template for now a week, trying to draft some sort of newsletter in regards to announcing my venturing out into the Professional Mixed Media Artist space and upcoming faires/events I will be at and other tidbits of information to market myself.

I read in one of the dozen + books I have on owning your own studio/business/Craft related is that newsletters are a great way to help foster interest in your particular flavor of craft.  It can be used to educate, promote, demonstrate, show off (aka a gallery section) and update your current clientele and future clients.

That in mind, I am drawing a complete and utter blank on what to even say.

I know some of the components/sections of the Newsletter - an Open house jewelry party in the middle of November for example.  The Refer a friend program I want to start.  The Founders club - those folks who have been with me since pretty much the start or close enough, and a how to - take care of Sterling earrings/wires.  And last but not least a article - Why order custom work instead of buying something off the shelf or in a retail store.  

BUT the words just don't want to flow out. 

Funny, I can do my blogs but I just can't seem to write my newsletter.

Anyway - For today's gallery - Three more custom cards (yesterday's inspirations)

This is a birthday card - I really love hand painting with metalic inks

I had a ball with this one.  This was completely outside my style and I wanted to push my element style a bit more.


I hope she really likes her card 
(this is for my daughter actually for her birthday)
 
Tomorrow since today is Jewelry creation day, the pictures will be for whatever comes out of the inspiration of making my daughters Bridal jewelry.  I have a few earring and bracelet ideas on the boards already, but nothing yet that pops and says This is the one.


No comments:

Post a Comment