Sunday, April 12, 2020

Cards Cards Cards....and More cards

Been very busy this last week.  Will be just as busy this week.  Lots of different cards being worked on and finished.

I am starting to find my groove.  I'm also going through and sorting cardstock and papers into 12x12 plastic bins, color coded.

My first fun thing this week was a little Easter Basket.  I realized as I started to look for card stock that was spring or pattern - I didn't have much.  I have lovely papers, so I put paper on cardstock. - This presented an interesting issue.  I need wide tape to cover large pieces of paper, so it doesn't come apart when I die cut.

Next set of cards a SympathyJust because, and a Thinking of you cards.  I especially love how the Sympathy card floral piece really turned out.  I've started now doing a cool hack.  Every time I die cut - I cut two more of the same dies.  Now, need to figure out how to best save them since I want to use them but if they are hidden in some bin - I don't.  However, my Cinch will be here this week, and I found my card stock, I have some ideas of making my own storage books.



A couple o new hacks I am doing -layering sentiments, having fun creating art with components (the Just because I used paper and water colored paper to create the sky and the ground/hills.  And of course the butterfly - creating stained glass with multiple pieces to inset into the little open areas of the die cut.  

I can see why I want a Cricut now even more.  Cutting out those butterflies took a lot longer.  I have a lot of fonts that would be great sentiments.  And word dies are not cheap.

My last two finished cards for the week (though there are a bunch in various stages in a pile on my desk) are two Easter Cards.  Again, I love chalking.  It's just such a cool technique on any material.

I liked creating the basket out of the Dazzle and then curving it when I put it down on the card.  It gave it a nice 3d look.



Sigh - I ended up cracking the embossing folder that did the background of this card. This new rubber mat is thicker, and for some reason this time the cuttlebug sandwich was a bit too thick.  I need to figure out if I can get a replacement or fix the embossing folder.

Have a Happy Easter.



No comments:

Post a Comment