Sunday, October 16, 2022

Iconic Necklace Commission:Day One - supplies and best way to proceed

As a designer who has a studio to work in, sometimes my current table setup isn't big enough to do multi-strand necklaces, so I take over the dining room table.

The lighting in the room is not great, we're planning on replacing the bulbs with natural white light dimmer bulbs.

Firemountain seems to think that sending beads in bubble wrap priority envelope is good idea. I wish they would go back to the boxes. But, everything is accounted for. I definitely will be returning the 10mm and 8mm Celestial Crystals. Way too big for the design.




Moving along I have several different styles for bead boards. My intent was to lay out without having to string a design to closely match the Tiffany's necklace. I normally love working with just this type of tray, since I have the dropsees.




But for this I need to see exact inches so I am using this board, not that I am fond of it. It's very flimsy.




After playing with three combos of 10mm pearls, 2mm/6mm crystal faceted rounds (left side on the picture below), and 2.5mm/4mm crystal faceted rounds(right side of the picture below) just not quite the spacing or look.



I guess I get to do some stringing now after all. I got to play around with that spacing. The 2.5 mm/ 4mm almost looks right with the 10mm but doesn't look right with the 8mm pearls.

Audrey was 5' 7" - not much other than her chest/waist/hip sizes. I did find a reference that she liked to wear a strand of pearls that was 16 inches in length.
 
I found another interesting tidbit today - Harper’s Bazaar November 2006 wore a recreation by Kenneth Jay Lane of the iconic necklace. However his version only had the knotted pearls and a different brooch off the front. There was no additional spacing between the pearls themselves other than the knots.

Tomorrow I go through my crystals to see if I can find my 4mm ab rounds.




No comments:

Post a Comment