Friday, March 20, 2020

K8a - This is just going to be amazing

First of all I like the fact that I know who K8a is. I know who the card is going for, and I also know that I get the opportunity to make a showcase piece that we're going to use as an example of what you can do with a card that becomes a gift in of itself.

I like making gifts - and art cards are really one of the best ways to combine gift/card.

Another way is my mini album ideas.  Bigger than a card, but not completely a full album.  Usually 5-7 pictures.

So this one is a travel album. The palette was really easy for me to pull together.  I love distressed watercolor cardstock. I wanted one page to be a little more formal so I found this distressed damask pattern in my inventory.



Next was cutting out the base which I decided to do a 10" wide which is scored at the 5" and 6" in high.  7 pieces of that.  Then I cut up the distress cardstock at 9" wide and 5 1/2" high

I did a quick layout look and feel to get an idea of what I wanted for pages.  Mind you I have a lot of work still ahead.  The blue back is going to get a light big stamp ink impression that is slightly distressed.

I have to cut out a bunch of different components to create a raised layering.  I have a lot of real amazing craft yarn to do little tails on each center section of the pages.

I need to look through my flower dies and find the carnation die and start on those components.

But I ordered the metal pieces I want to add to the book.


I have some ideas for the cover, need to order my chip board.  But I found the perfect ribbon for the lacing.

I might add some additional flat metal fleur de lis  embellishments and a lion head.

Tomorrow I am working with K8a to pick out the photos for each page so I can make the mats for the photos.  I have some ideas of some fun mats. 

Once this is done it is supposed to become a Star Mini Album.  More tomorrow.

#kickstarter #Make100 #scrapbooking #albums #travel #crafting




No comments:

Post a Comment