Thursday, February 6, 2020

Dies dies dies and more dies

I love dies.  I have a Cuttlebug  and I plan on getting a large machine (actually 3 but that's another topic post in of itself.)  I love utilizing dies and combination dies to make new and exciting art cards.

But what frustrates me about dies is that designers/companies comes out with a template or frame die that you can use to create say a lantern, basket, container, or book, and additional dies to create a specific holiday look, but then don't come out with other additional dies for other holidays.

I love the Halloween Spellbinders Trick or Treat set.  I made several of these in different cardstock, glitterstock and textured papers.  They were awesome!!!













I took the base frame and created several awesome lanterns with it for Christmas and Valentines Day.























But at you can see I used other dies that were not squares to create different sets.

I bought another square looking die set last month - Shapeabilities Calligraphy Flourish Tiles Etched Dies Ooh La La Collection by Stacey Caron.  It looked like it would fit the frame.  However the square is literally 1/16 of an inch bigger than the frame for the Lantern can hold.  So now I get to do something else - tweak the frame to support these squares.

Going to try that today since I thought they would be a nice lantern set.

And no a Cricut machine will not solve this problem.  Though I do plan on getting one this year because I really love lacy elements (especially words).  And they are a pain to do in the manual die cutting machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment