Friday, February 21, 2020

Mistakes - and living with them in Art

I made this card for someone who is recovering from surgery.  I really need to invest in the one of the stamp positioning tools because my sentiment Get Well Soon didn't quite ink as well as I wanted to on the card stock (it's slightly textured).  So I tried to fix it but that ink pen didn't like the texture either.  

But I liked the card and so - I just let it go as it is because it is art and art is not perfect.

One of the things I did want to find now is grass bundles (stamp and die set will be cool) Dies R Us  has a few I like - so I definitely want to invest in them after this card became clear - making grass with those tiny leaves was a bit of a challenge.

Another mistake card - that turned out beautiful is this one - 25th Anniversary Celebrate card.
Funny thing is the mistake was wanting to use specific 12x12 card stock that the rose border was not on the edge of the paper and I had to actually cut the paper in a way to get that pretty border, leaving me with two pieces that I needed to figure out how to glue together to make a card body.  This mistake had been sitting in my What to Do pile for two years, then I watched this Youtube video on glues and learned about different glues for different purposes.  And I solved that problem, added a cute pink ribbon and dazzle border to make it look seamless.

I've started on the Kickstarter cards, got some materials that I want to use for them.  But in the mean time - making other cards - another Sympathy Card.  I really love how this turned out.  Trying new techniques in the chalking and embossing on dies.  And playing with colors.

Anyway my Frantic Stamper package has arrived that contains materials for K1a and K8a cards.  Going to take pictures of the materials and post tomorrow about the designs.  SO EXCITED

No comments:

Post a Comment