Wednesday, February 26, 2020

K1a finished - things I learned

To see the completed card and custom envelop, I posted on Kickstarter under my #Make100 event so others can see and drool.

I am very pleased at how this turned out, and got a wonderful compliment from a friend who actually thought it was stained glass at first.  - For me that's the best compliment about the design.  And I have fallen in love with dies that I can do this with.


Like all my designs, I sat on it for 24 hours and sure enough there was a tiny little bit of bling I wanted to add...  

Things I learned

I need different types of glue for components.  The base frame on the stained glass still didn't want to stay completely flat against the card base.  

Make sure you have enough of the marble papers to do multiple versions.

Use a fabric dryer sheet for each die cut of the piece so it makes it that the pieces don't just jump off the plate.  Lots of static built up between cuts on the Cuttlebug and made it very hard to keep the pieces in the die frame so I can put them where they needed to be in the actual faux stained glass piece.

It is okay to start out with three or four design ideas to see which one actually makes it to the finish.

I need more 2mm and 3mm pearls!

Components Used:
Cuttlebug (I love it but I am definitely investing in the Big Shot Pro so I can have a 12 inch width for doing edges on cards like this.)
Fiskars paper trimmer
Pebbles inc. Chalks - Pearlescent Shimmers and Jewel Tones
Stampin' Up Elegant Eggplant ink
3mm pearls dots
Stamp - Suzanne Nicoll -SN Iris 3625F
Die - Marianne Designs - LR0270 Anja Vintage Ornaments 2
Die - Cheery Lynn - B441 Mom
Die - Spellbinders Borderabilities - Curved Borders 2
Die - Frantic Stamper Precision Die - Iris Stained Glass - FRADIE 09441
Die - Spellbinders Nestabilities Classic Ovals small S4-112
Die - Spellbinders Shapeabilities - Holly Jolly Christmas Set S6-761
Die - Spellbinders Nestabilities Majestic Elements - Opulent Ovals S5-160
Die - Poppy Stamps 1178 Vintage Happy Birthday 
Glue - Zig Two way glue pen
Glue - Tombow Mono adhesive tape
Glue - Tombow Mono liquid glue
Paper - Hot of the Press Amethyst Paper Pad
Paper - Hot of the Press Sapphire Paper Pad (NIP)
Paper - Hot of the Press Emerald Paper Pad
Paper - Snow pack (NIP)
Cardstock - Silver Shimmer Cardstock
Cardstock - Its Love and a lot more (NIP)
Cardstock - DCWV Textured Jeweled Stack
Hand Made Indian embossed paper

Hope you enjoyed this card

#make100 #papercraft


No comments:

Post a Comment